This new form of currency has been in the works during July 2017, and planned in may 2017. The reason for this new system is to counteract the inflation in the Marketplace and Trading forum. Though encouraged, the currency hasn't completely replaced Gaia Gold - the users have the option of using one currency over the other.
A single unit of Gaia Platinum is worth 10,000,000 Gaia Gold.
User response Edit
The new currency received mixed criticism. Some favored having billions and trillions in Gaia Gold converted to an easier-to-handle amount of Gaia Platinum. On the other hand, many argued the change was solely aesthetic, and not truly useful in fixing the economy of Gaia.
- Over the years, Gaians themselves have discussed various forms of currency to counter act inflation, hording, and value.
- As the new system was implemented the Marketplace was temporary disabled and item listings were completely removed.
- ↑ http://www.dictionary.com/browse/platinum
- ↑ Topic Gaia Economy Project - Posted: Lanzer Mon May 08, 2017 4:44 pm
- ↑ Platinum / Gold conversion table - PkRs Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:38 am
- ↑ Topic A New Gaia Currency For A New Time - Posted: Lambs and Lions Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:17 pm
- Topic New Platinum Currency System Coming Soon! - Posted: Lanzer Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:02 pm
- Topic Platinum Currency FAQ - Posted: Lanzer Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:59 pm
- Topic New currency system is here! - Posted: lionheart720 Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:27 pm
- Topic Marketplace listings will be expiring - Posted: Lanzer Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:55 pm
- Topic Marketplace is back, please wait for your items to be returned - Posted: Lanzer Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:38 pm
- Topic Platinum Earning increased, Booty Grab Fixed - Posted: Lanzer Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:02 pm