An Animated Item (AI) is a Premium Item that display frames of animations when equipped to an avatar.
Animated Items were introduced 2010 May 27, when the twin stars Mintaka & Rigel took over the La Victoire. The items are crafted by their younger siblings stars Saiph & Hatsya. With these new items a new tab appeared in the Gaia Inventory titled "Animated" (now "Astra" as of 2016).
Types of ItemsEdit
- Animated Item - Will be known as the primary name on the Gaiapedia. Users can equip an animated and static pose.
- Animated Chance Item - This refers to Chance Items containers and bundles that release Animated Items.
- Animated Item Bundle - These bundles contain individual Animated Items.
- The animation for the items function by SWF (Shockwave Flash). These animations can be 'paused' in the forums by the account settings.
- To hype the then-new feature, various Administrators and Moderators were seen with these items. When Gaians took notice, the Administrators and Moderators pretended that they had no clue what was going on.
- Originally the first set of items (Spectacular Golden Halo, Baron the Lively Owl, and Sweet Charming Blush) had a limit to how long they would be animated.
- This concerned Gaians who left feedback about the limit. It was from that feedback that the object, Blessed Stellarite was released; it was a rare 'element' that could power the items for a month. This feature has since been disabled.
- In 2010 July Animated Items were given the title of "Astra" followed by a Roman Numeral.
- In 2014 June this form of titling has been discontinued.
- Marketplace tags Animated Item
- Marketplace tags Astra
- Topic Cash Shop Update: Animated Items are here!
- Topic Manga Mash-Up Contest: Win Some Animated Items!
- Topic Animated Items: Now Extended!